Twice widowed, the centenarian bride is still open to love.
Twice widowed, Mrs. Yates says, “I only feel about 20.” She was wheeled down the aisle to Abba’s “Dancing Queen” before 30 friends and family. She says she doesn’t regret waiting 30 years to tie the knot with Malcolm. “I’d wait longer than that,” she told BBC.
She has grieved two husbands already, but the magic of weddings hasn’t faded for her. She said, “To be a bride? Oh, it’s beautiful. Oh to be a bride … it’s absolutely wonderful.”
Mrs. Yates gushed over her new husband. “There’s nothing he wouldn’t do for me. I couldn’t do without Malcolm. He’s special — very special.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!