Inspired by the writings of St. Thérèse, these words are for the rushed and over-scheduled.
If you’re one of those people who’s chronically out of time on a consistent basis, the most important thing to remember is love. If you pause for only one minute today, try meditating on this short prayer, inspired by the words of St. Thérèse, about placing yourself in the presence of God’s merciful love:
Merciful Father, in the name of our lovable Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and all the saints, I ask You to set me on fire with Your Spirit of Love, and to grant me the grace of making You deeply loved. Amen.
(A prayer from 33 Days to Merciful Love, Fr. Michael Gaitley)
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!