This viral video sums up why being a mom is something to celebrate.
Realistically, women enter into this life-changing experience knowing it’s not going to be a breeze — yes, sleepless nights, colicky babies, mounds of laundry, anxiety, frustration, and sometimes loneliness, are part and parcel of being a parent.
While it’s all very well to say “this too shall pass,” when we’re in the throes of nurturing a child, it can get all-consuming. However, a recent video demonstrates that despite everything we “give up” for our child — our body, our sleep, our time — we get so much more in return. It’s true that we might crave some “me” time, but the touch of our baby’s hair, the smell of his neck, the joy at watching each of them grow into kind, loving individuals is worth so much more.
So what if we stopped for a moment to appreciate what a blessing and an honor it is to be called “mom” and remind ourselves why this journey is one to celebrate and cherish …
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!