It’s the season for parties, family get-togethers — and prayer!
So if you’re dreading that holiday office party or family reunion, take a minute to meditate on the gift that other people are in your life:
Heavenly Father, You have created me singularly and uniquely. Before I was created, You imagined me and loved me into being. You have done the same with each of your children and endowed each one of us with gifts known to You alone. Without each of these people, an image of You would be missing in the world. Help me, Father, when I feel frustrated or bored, to give thanks for each of Your children, to meditate on the love with which You create them, and to see You in them. During this holiday season, grant me the grace to be a missionary of peace, spreading Your love and joy to each person I encounter. Mother Mary, I entrust my worries and petitions to you, and I trust that your motherly care will be there for me when I need it most. Amen.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!