Take a glimpse back in history while appreciating what reeally makes a marriage work.
For the 70-plus years they’ve been together, the couple has come under tremendous scrutiny in the press. Yet despite rumors of affairs, family tragedies, and the weight of guiding a country through wars and societal changes, Elizabeth and Philip have remained united, and now in their golden years seem stronger than ever. So while taking a trip down memory lane we’ve come up with 12 keys to a successful marriage, courtesy of these two famous nonagenarians.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!