His dog was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so he took him on one more adventure on the way to a very meaningful place.
“I wanted to bring her back to where she was born. I wanted to see it for myself,” he said.
They passed through 24 states, stopping at sites such as the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore.
“I didn’t set out to make a point,” he said. “I just went for a ride with my dog.”
Long called “man’s best friend,” dogs are invaluable companions given by the Creator to human beings. They assist us with many tasks, provide help and support, and bring a lot of joy. Heroux’s decision to take this meaningful trek with Mura is a testament to that.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!