Here’s what philosophers, writers, motivational speakers and some American icons have to say about thankfulness.
While you may have a favorite saint or Bible passage to refer to on a day like today, you can also look to some familiar names who’ve made thoughtful observations about gratitude which may inspire your own.
So grab some hot apple cider and take a few minutes out to reflect on these wise words as you focus on the meaning of Thanksgiving.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!