Many are not aware of the spiritual truths hidden in the popular custom.
They are seen both in churches and in homes and are an excellent way to prepare for the celebration of Christmas.
The Advent wreath has its own special symbolism that is not often known, but has great spiritual power.
Here are some of the primary symbols embedded into the Advent wreath tradition.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!