The popular spiritual classic had a profound impact on these holy men and women.
It is a challenging book, one that exhorts a person to holiness while also highlighting the personal relationship one should have with Jesus Christ. For this and many other reasons, several saints found spiritual sustenance in its pages and the spiritual lessons learned propelled them to new heights of sanctity.
Here are five such saints and how this book greatly influenced their own lives.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!