The 2018 Hubble Space Telescope Advent Calendar is under way and better than ever.
The calendar, which you can bookmark and show to your kids every day, is a nice alternative to the more commercial versions of the Advent calendar available today, many of which involve opening a little paper door revealing a Bible verse or chocolate treat inside.
If you think about it, the vastness of the universe makes a lot more sense than chocolate treats when it comes to Advent, a time for reflection and preparation for the arrival of the miraculous and the wondrous in our world, and in our hearts.
Pondering the vastness of the universe in these photos, like the rainbow-colored interstellar gas in the Lagoon Nebula 4,000 light years away, as well as images of other galaxies clashing and existing millions of light years away from us, is both mind-expanding and faith-nurturing. And after all, it was a star in the sky that first announced the birth of our Savior on our planet …
Enjoy a sampling from Taylor’s 2018 picks so far, and bookmark his pages up until December 25. (It’s totally worth the time to check out his past calendars as well.)
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!