Notes how John Paul II asked the Virgin of Guadalupe to protect the life and innocence of children
Francis said this in his greeting to Polish pilgrims. He also noted how the Polish Pontiff, St. John Paul II, entrusted to Our Lady all those who “run the risk of not being born.”
I entrust to the Blessed Virgin of Guadalupe, whose memorial we celebrate today, all of you present here, your families and, in particular, those who are awaiting the birth of their children.
Saint John Paul II commended to her maternal protection the life and innocence of children, especially those who run the risk of not being born.
By her intercession, in this time of Advent, let us implore the gift of children for families without children, respect for the conceived life, and the openness of hearts to Gospel values.
The Holy Father also asked Our Lady to help us long for Jesus.
May Our Lady accompany us at Christmas and rekindle in us the desire to welcome with joy the light of her Son Jesus, to make it shine ever more in the night of the world.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!