Pastor says the second most powerful force in the universe is story.
Patrick, who is also a minister, believes in the power of story to change people so when his father went into care, he decided to tell the story of his dad’s life in a simple but powerful way.
“My fear was here’s this man among strangers, they don’t know him.” Patrick Mead told News4. They don’t understand who he is, and he can’t tell them so I wrote just a short set of sentences and we had it posted on his door.”
The note begins with “My name is Bill Mead” and ends with “Thank you for remembering who I was and who I am.”
Patrick believes that telling the story of our loved ones — especially when they can’t do it themselves — is an important way to “to remember the preciousness of others.”
His note was shared thousands of times on social media and has received more than 100,000 likes.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!