Will any of these films break from the ranks of the new and novel to become beloved holiday traditions?
But it’s tough to wrap up “tradition” and put it under the tree, so we often give the newest video games, the most advanced cookwear, the ugliest of ugly sweaters with blinking, cutting-edge Christmas lights. When it comes to seasonal entertainment, it’s sometimes nice to see something new and Christmas-y, too.
Netflix — that most gargantuan of streaming services — is offering plenty of shiny new(ish) holiday fare: Indeed, it even has a whole wing of child-friendly options under the heading “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Netflix.” And while nothing’ll ever replace It’s a Wonderful Life in my Christmas movie pantheon, let’s take a look at some of the better, newer options available, shall we?
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!