“Don’t let anger destroy your heart; let love win.”
Steven McDonald was 29 years old, had been married for just a few months, and he and his wife were expecting a son. He was a police officer in New York. One summer day in Central Park, a boy he’d stopped shot him. He ended up paralyzed. Only in forgiveness did he find the strength to go on living, and, with his life, to affect the lives of countless other people. “Don’t let anger destroy your heart; let love win.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!