Laziness is a habit that is not always easy to break.
Unfortunately when we give into this temptation, too often our obligations get put off indefinitely, and work at home or at the office never gets done.
The good news is that with God’s grace, we can overcome our laziness and be a good steward of the time God has given us.
Italian priest Fr. Lorenzo Scupoli gave his advice in his spiritual classic The Spiritual Combat, published in 1589. He explains how laziness and sloth need to be addressed immediately, otherwise the person will find themselves on a slippery slope.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!