Laziness is a habit that is not always easy to break.
Unfortunately when we give into this temptation, too often our obligations get put off indefinitely, and work at home or at the office never gets done.
The good news is that with God’s grace, we can overcome our laziness and be a good steward of the time God has given us.
Italian priest Fr. Lorenzo Scupoli gave his advice in his spiritual classic The Spiritual Combat, published in 1589. He explains how laziness and sloth need to be addressed immediately, otherwise the person will find themselves on a slippery slope.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!