Melbourne pop duo Alyssa & Georga’s debut single will be featured at World Youth Day in Panama.
Alyssa & Georga have been performing extensively throughout Australia and internationally for over 15 years, both individually and as a pair. Some highlights between the duo include shows at Rod Laver Arena and Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, as well as Qudos Bank Arena and The Domain in Sydney. Collectively, the girls have performed over 400 shows in the last year and this new musical collaboration is the beginning of something that is to take the Christian & Mainstream music scene by storm.
Luke Batterbury, who has worked with and produced artists including Pete Murray, Daryl Braithwaite, Tania Doko (Bachelor Girl) and Jason Singh (Taxiride), to name a few, teamed up with the girls earlier this year to produce this fresh Christian Pop track. Taking inspiration from current trends in both Christian and Mainstream Top 40 music, Luke has most definitely given the song a modern edge which will appeal to all who listen.
Alyssa and Georga are currently in the studio writing and recording new tracks which will follow the release of Set Fire. The pair are also headed to the US & Panama in late January to perform with well-known artist Fr. Rob Galea.
Here’s the link where the song can be purchased.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!