The gift of hearing proves too much for this beautiful baby; she just can’t stop laughing.
Sadly, Scarlet did lose her hearing, but the tiny baby managed to beat the disease and now, eight months after regular visits to the audiologist at Atlanta Hearing Associates in Midgeville, the 11-month-old is finally able to hear. Luckily, mom Carol Benjamin shared the results for us all to watch on Facebook. If you click on the video below you’ll experience the infectious joy of Scarlet listening to her big sister and her mom — as well as her own voice! — for the first time. Carol described the event as “such a blessing.” The delight and laughter of both sisters will leave you smiling all day long — you might even want to turn up the sound!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!