Francis concludes Panama event: “You, dear young people, are not the future but the now of God”
Dom Manuel Clemente, cardinal patriarch of Lisbon and president of the Portuguese Episcopal Conference, Fernando Medina, mayor of Lisbon, and other representatives of the Vatican Dicastery for the Laity, Family, and Life welcomed the news.
World Youth Day has been hosted in the following international locations: Rome 1986, Buenos Aires 1987, Santiago de Compostela 1989, Częstochowa 1991, Denver 1993, Manila 1995, Paris 1997, Rome 2000, Toronto 2002, Cologne 2005, Sydney 2008, Madrid 2011, Rio de Janeiro 2013, Kraków 2016, and Panama City 2019.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!