If you are suffering from a bad break-up, St. Dwynwen is your saint.
Nevertheless, God desires to heal our broken hearts and one way he has provided is through the intercession of St. Dwynwen.
Dwynwen was a Welsh saint of the 5th century who fell in love with a young man who rejected her advances. Various stories explain what happens next, including an encounter with an angel who promised to grant the true desires of her heart. In the end she remained unmarried and dedicated herself to God, who eventually healed her heart.
Below is a popular prayer to the saint as it appeared on CatholicMom.com.
Oh Blessed Saint Dwynwen, you who knew pain and peace, division and reconciliation, You have promised to aid lovers and you watch over those whose hearts have been broken. As you received 3 boons from an Angel, intercede for me to receive 3 blessings to obtain my heart’s desire (state requests). If that’s not God’s will, a speedy healing from my pain, your guidance and assistance that I may find love with the right person the right way in the right time, and an unshakable faith in the boundless kindness and wisdom of God. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!