The spiritual director of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque has some profound insights.
Claude was a Jesuit priest in the 17th century who was appointed the spiritual director for the Visitation Sisters in Paray-le-Monial, France. It was there that he met St. Margaret and would give her spiritual direction throughout the years when she experienced visions of Jesus.
Personally he had a deep spiritual life and a similar love of Jesus’ Sacred Heart, a spirituality that he would try to foster among others.
Many of his profound spiritual insights were compiled in a book entitled, The Spiritual Direction of Saint Claude de la Colombière, and reveal simple tips that anyone can follow. Below are a few tips regarding prayer.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!