“Give him a spirit of courage and right judgment, a spirit of knowledge and love.”
Many are the responsibilities of the bishop, being the chief shepherd of a specific geographic location. It is a weighty task, one that is impossible to manage without the spiritual support of his flock.
Below is a brief prayer that can be said for your local bishop (or for multiple bishops), asking God to fill your bishop with courage and strength to remain faithful to Christ and guide the people entrusted to his care with holiness of life.
God, eternal shepherd, you tend your Church in many ways and rule us with love. You have chosen your servant, N., to be a shepherd of your flock. Give him a spirit of courage and right judgment, a spirit of knowledge and love. By governing with fidelity those entrusted to his care, may he build your Church as a sign of salvation for the world.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!