“Give us truly holy priests, inflamed with the fire of your divine love.”
Jesus’ words are a reminder to us all that we, the sheep, are entrusted with the task of praying for worthy shepherds to lead us toward everlasting life.
This is something we often forget and as a result, our pastors are left open to spiritual attacks from every possible avenue. We must continue our prayers to God, asking him to protect our priests as well as to provide for us priests that strive to follow after the example of Jesus.
Below is a short prayer for the sanctification of the clergy that requests good and holy priests, and prays for those priests who have gone astray.
Divine Savior, Jesus Christ, who has entrusted the whole work of your redemption, the welfare and salvation of the world, to priests as your representatives, I offer you through the hands of your most Holy Mother Mary, this present day, whole and entire, with all its prayers, works, and sacrifices, its joys and sorrows, for the sanctification of your priests, and for all those preparing for the priesthood.
Give us truly holy priests, inflamed with the fire of your divine love, who seek nothing but your greater glory, and the salvation of souls.
And you, Mary, good Mother of priests, protect all priests from dangers to their holy vocation, and with the loving hand of a mother, lead back to the Good Shepherd those unfortunate priests who, unfaithful to their exalted vocation, have gone astray. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!