Place your worries, fears and pain at the feet of Jesus.
Jesus says to us today, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). God is always the best person to approach with our worries, asking him to bring peace into our hearts that endures.
Below is a fitting anonymous prayer that places everything before God, asking him for help with the daily struggles in life, and to grant joy, grace and peace.
Prayer for Peace of Mind and Heart
Eternal, Holy God,
I come to you burdened with worries,
fears, doubts, and troubles.
Calm and quiet me with peace of mind.
Empty me of the anxiety that disturbs me,
of the concerns that weary my spirit,
and weigh heavy on my heart.
Loosen my grip on the disappointments and grievances
I hold on to so tightly.
Release me from the pain of past hurts,
of present anger and tension, of future fears.
Sometimes it’s too much for me, Lord,
too many demands and problems,
too much sadness, suffering, and stress.
Renew me spiritually and emotionally.
Give me new strength, hope, and confidence.
Prepare me to meet the constant struggles of daily life
with a deeper faith and trust in You.
Let your love set me free, for peace,
for joy, for grace, for life, for others, forever.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!