This inspiring entrepreneur is using his business for the good of the most vulnerable in his community.
The cafe is going to truly live up to its name by reaching out to young adults in need of a helping hand. Reihani wants to give jobs to kids who’ve grown out of the foster system but are still in need of guidance and support. He intends offering a decent wage of $12 an hour — that’s more than the minimum wage — to unemployed 17- to 23-year-olds with the help of CitySquare, an organization in Dallas that tries to fight poverty. In return the new employees will learn the skills of a barista, a cashier, and even a chef.
However, Reihani is taking his role as boss to another level by offering these vulnerable adolescents a chance to attend therapy and also to help out in the community, giving them the most essential lesson of looking out for others. With the care and guidance of Reihani, these youngsters will not only be able to have a better start in life, they’ll also know that they are valued, and not alone.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!