How one family works to advocate for the rights of all children
Today, Chloe is 16 years old, and she’s one of the survivors of the guillotine of abortion: more than 90 percent of unborn children with a diagnosis like hers are aborted. If she were an animal, she would be protected under the Endangered Species Act. It was approved the same year that abortion was legalized.
Chloe’s father, Kurt, left his job as a policeman to become “the voice of those who cannot speak for themselves” (Proverbs 31:8), such as children in their mother’s womb who are sick. His life was changed forever, and now, together with Chloe, he’s trying to change the law in his state. “These children are a blessing, they’re a gift. I pray that the day will come soon when we will welcome these children, and not erase them; when we will embrace them and love them.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!