Complete with a ticket office, this simulator treats elderly residents to a first-class experience.
To make the whole experience even more lifelike, the care home has also built the cutest ticket office for its residents to buy their tickets. The rail trip seems very real to the residents, many of whom are disabled and are no longer able to ride a real train. Through empathy and understanding, the care home has identified the need for seniors to still feel they can get out into our beautiful wide world, with one couple already booking their 60th-wedding-anniversary getaway.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!