These unusual works of art show the beauty and vibrancy of an unborn child’s life.
So she got out her paints, and painted a scene that would reflect the joy and vibrancy of her baby’s life. Soon, friends were asking Steerman to paint their babies’ ultrasound scans, and before she knew it, she decided to leave her decade long career as a lawyer to stay home with her three children, and paint full time.
Steerman’s work doesn’t try to replicate what the baby actually sees, floating there in the womb–instead, it captures the emotions of pregnancy. Every painting is different; Steerman’s work can convey peace or anticipation, joy or closeness, but all of them celebrate the baby’s vibrant, mysterious life inside of his or her mother.
You can find more at Quaint Baby Art, her website, but click on the slideshow link below to see a sample of Steerman’s stunning paintings.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!