Scripture has a lot to say about being joyful, and these quotes just may lift your spirit.
The Bible is actually full of references to joy and happiness. In James 1:2-4 we are invited to consider the benefits of experiencing the trials and tribulations that come our way:
Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
And John 6:16-20 reassures us that while we may suffer, the rewards in the end will be worth it: Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy.
And of course, we are also reminded of the joy we will feel the closer we get to God and follow His will in our lives:
Now, children, listen to me;
happy are they who keep my ways.
Listen to instruction and grow wise,
do not reject it!
Happy the one who listens to me,
attending daily at my gates,
keeping watch at my doorposts;
For whoever finds me finds life,
and wins favor from the LORD (Proverbs 8:32-35)
So while things may look bleak, remember there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to follow the path to get there. To help you on your way, consider this short but powerful passage:
Those who sow in tears will reap with cries of joy. (Psalms 126:5)
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!