This striking example of compassion can inspire us all.
Two years ago the student from Wyan-Pine Grove Elementary School — a Title I school, meaning 80% of the pupils are impoverished — came up with Bella’s Boxes, a kit full of birthday essentials such as cake mix, balloons, and sprinkles. And thanks to kind donors, Bella has made 65 boxes so far to hand out to her peers.
And it doesn’t stop there, the compassionate young lady actually forgoes birthday gifts on her own birthday, preferring that people donate to her cause instead. As she explained to Good Morning America: “I thank God for the opportunity to shine my light.” And we are grateful for an inspirational lesson in loving thy neighbor from one so young!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!