This striking example of compassion can inspire us all.
Two years ago the student from Wyan-Pine Grove Elementary School — a Title I school, meaning 80% of the pupils are impoverished — came up with Bella’s Boxes, a kit full of birthday essentials such as cake mix, balloons, and sprinkles. And thanks to kind donors, Bella has made 65 boxes so far to hand out to her peers.
And it doesn’t stop there, the compassionate young lady actually forgoes birthday gifts on her own birthday, preferring that people donate to her cause instead. As she explained to Good Morning America: “I thank God for the opportunity to shine my light.” And we are grateful for an inspirational lesson in loving thy neighbor from one so young!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!