If a demon is causing an uproar, then we can be sure of this …
In a 1916 letter to the Ventrella sisters, he offers this consolation about temptation:
Remember that if a demon is causing an uproar, it is a sign that he is still on the outside and not on the inside of you. What we need to be terrified about is a demon that is at peace and has harmony with a human soul. …
Drive away your vain fears and scatter these shadows that bring the devil closer to you to torment you and make you hang back, even from daily Communion if possible …
I know that the Lord allows these attacks by the enemy because his mercy makes you precious to him, and he wants you to resemble him in his agony in the desert, in the garden, and on the cross. You need to defend yourselves by sending the devil away and scorning his malignant insinuations.
[Find this and more letters in Padre Pio’s Spiritual Direction for Every Day.]
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!