The prayer places oneself in the best possible location to make a fruitful meditation.
One way to prepare for meditation is to set oneself in a certain frame of mind. This requires a calming of the senses and an ability to detach oneself from various distractions. After this is achieved, it is then appropriate to imagine the spiritual “location” of your meditation.
For example, one of the most consoling “places” to imagine yourself is inside Jesus’ heart. Much as St. John the Apostle rested on the heart of Jesus at the Last Supper, we too can place ourselves in his heart spiritually so as to listen more attentively to what Jesus wants to communicate to us.
Below is a simple prayer that can help us form this image in our minds and prepare us for a fruitful time of meditation.
O my Jesus, I desire to enter into thy sacred heart, and to make my prayer there; that I may pray with thee and through thee, and adore the Father, in spirit and in truth. O my soul, let us unite, as closely as possible, to this source of all graces and blessings, that our heart may be inflamed, our mind enlightened, and all our deficiencies supplied.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!