These men receive Holy Orders with a special mission to give their life in service, as their Lord did.
Fifteen of them are permanent deacons, while three others are “transitional deacons,” men who are nearing the end of their studies to become priests.
This beautiful video shows the depth of their calling, and the splendid solemnity of the rite as they receive the Sacrament of Holy Orders and are set apart for the mission to imitate the One who said, “I have come not to be served but to serve.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!