Unified service organization for the Charismatic Renewal is offering 3 meditations on the Holy Spirit from the pope’s preacher
Referring to words of Pope Francis, Jean-Luc Moens, moderator of CHARIS, explains that “this dark moment” the Church is going through “can, with the valuable help of young people, truly be an opportunity for historic reform, opening ourselves to a new Pentecost and beginning a stage of purification and change that will give the church renewed youthfulness.”
This prayer campaign will end on Pentecost with a large-scale encounter with Pope Francis on June 9, in Paul VI Hall, and with a Pentecost Mass. All those who wish to join these events can request their ticket at the CHARIS webpage.
As part of this preparation for Pentecost, Aleteia is publishing three meditations by Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, preacher of the Pontifical Household, in which he proposes simple and concrete ways to pray for a new Pentecost. The first meditation is available here.
The meditation concludes with this prayer, written by Fr. Cantalamessa to invoke the coming of the Holy Spirit:
Come, Holy Spirit!
Come, strength and sweetness of God!
Come, You, movement and peace!
Renew our courage,
Fill our solitude in the world,
Create in us intimacy with God!
We no longer say, like the prophet: “Come from the four winds”,
As if we did not yet know from where you came;
We say: Come, Spirit from the pierced side of Christ upon the cross!
Come from the mouth of the Risen One!
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!