As the royal couple choose a name for their little one, we thought we’d lend a hand!
While selecting a baby name is a huge responsibility for any parent, the royals are under a little more pressure, knowing that millions of people will be waiting to see their choice. They also have to choose a name that reflects their role in the United Kingdom, bringing nations together. So to help the new parents in their selection we’ve chosen a few names that are worthy of a prince — taking into account the rich history of the British Isles — while also reflecting on the Christian faith of the royal family, past and present.
Some of these names you might be familiar with; others are a little more unusual but would no doubt suit the Sussex heir — or perhaps your very own little royal!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!