As others celebrate, take heart in these comforting words.
If you find it a struggle to embrace the joy of Mother’s Day, look to the Scriptures where there are many words of comfort. Psalm 46:1-3 says “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble” and Proverbs 18:10 reminds us that even if we feel vulnerable “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteousness run into it and are safe.”
It’s important to remember that it’s okay to feel sad, and that in your pain your Heavenly Father is watching over you and protecting you. Psalms 34:19 says, “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed.”
Also, consider these words of hope that Jesus gives to His Apostles in John 16:20, as he prepares them for his death and resurrection: “Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy.”
There is also great comfort to be found in these words from St. Paul in Romans 8:38-39, who reminds us that nothing — no loss or pain or distress — can ever keep us from the love of God: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!