The Holy Land is wider, bigger, and deeper than one thinks.
Our guide was right. A first trip to Jordan cannot be but surprising. Each step of the way we find layers over layers of history, culture, adventure, all set in unique landscapes, and the many interwoven stories of those who live there. Their faces, their experiences, their voices, their land, help us understand our faith and our common humanity in unexpected ways. As St. Francis De Sales once said, “faith is like a bright ray of sunlight. It enables us to see God in all things, as well as all things in God.” Surf through the slideshow below to find twelve short and inspiring stories from the Holy Land.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!