Yes, you heard that right… it’s traditional to give boys the middle name of the Mother of God.
As with any middle name, some don’t pair well with first names, so we’ve come up with a list of inspirational holy men whose names happen to fit perfectly with “Mary”, creating an ideal name for your little bundle. Of course, this list could be pretty exhaustive, so if you have any favorite pairings that aren’t mentioned here, please share with us in the comments!
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!