You don’t have to go to the Middle East to visit biblical sites– just to the Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC.
Located on the first floor of the museum, the virtual tour costs $9.99 and lasts for about 9 minutes. Guests are allowed to choose from a list of 34 sites to explore through the provided VR headsets. As the museum describes it on their website:
Visit the lands of the Bible on a shoestring budget! This all-new virtual reality experience offers an exciting tour of 34 of the most famous biblical sites. This state-of-the-art attraction allows you to soar across the Sea of Galilee, climb the stairs to the Temple Mount, explore the path of the good Samaritan and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during midnight services. If you’ve never been to these fascinating places or even if you’ve been more than once, you won’t want to miss this new attraction.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!