Cry out to God and ask for his help to bring peace back into your life.
While we should do what we can to eliminate various stressful situations, we should also bolster our efforts by asking God for help. When we do so, it helps us relinquish some of the anxiety we may have, realizing that the world doesn’t rest on our shoulders. In fact, the world rests on God’s shoulders and we can feel some relief in that simple fact.
Below is an excerpt from Psalm 86 that can be prayed when in such a situation, crying out to God for help when the anxieties of this world threaten to overwhelm us.
Incline your ear, Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and oppressed.
Preserve my life, for I am devoted;
ave your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; be gracious to me, Lord;
to you I call all the day.
Gladden the soul of your servant;
to you, Lord, I lift up my soul.
Lord, you are good and forgiving,
most merciful to all who call on you.
Lord, hear my prayer;
listen to my cry for help.
On the day of my distress I call to you,
for you will answer me.
I will praise you with all my heart,
glorify your name forever, Lord my God.
Your mercy to me is great;
you have rescued me from the depths of Sheol.
O God, the arrogant have risen against me;
a ruthless band has sought my life;
to you they pay no heed.
But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in mercy and truth.
Turn to me, be gracious to me;
give your strength to your servant;
save the son of your handmaid.
Give me a sign of your favor:
make my enemies see, to their confusion,
that you, Lord, help and comfort me.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!