Rankings are determined by ratings from actual travelers.
TripAdvisor, the popular travel website, has announced its 2019 “Travelers’ Choice Awards,” and based on reviews from actual travelers, a “Faster Than Skip-the-Line Tour” of the Vatican ranked Number One in a list of the “Top 25 Experiences in the World.”
Yes, the home of Catholic popes from St. Peter to Pope Francis beat out snorkeling in Iceland, a vintage side-car tour of Paris, and a camel safari in Dubai. Sure, second place went to a “Chicago Architecture River Cruise,” but first place is still first place — certainly nothing to sneeze at.
The City Wonders tour, which was reviewed over 22,000 times on TripAdvisor, promises travelers will “skip hours long lines” to tour the Vatican Museums, Raphael’s Rooms, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!