It is a beautiful way to unite your heart with Christ’s, especially after Communion.
Most Sacred, most loving Heart of Jesus, you are concealed in the Holy Eucharist, and you beat for us still.
Now, as then, you say: “With desire I have desired.”
I worship you with all my best love and awe, with fervent affection, with my most subdued, most resolved will.
For a while you take up your abode within me.
O make my heart beat with your Heart!
Purify it of all that is earthly, all that is proud and sensual, of all perversity, of all disorder, of all deadness.
So fill it with you, that neither the events of the day, nor the circumstances of the time, may have power to ruffle it, but that in your love and your fear, my heart may have peace.
This prayer and others dedicated to the Sacred Heart can be found in the beautiful leather-bound Sacred Heart of Jesus Prayer Book.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!