John Henry Newman leads us to increase our love by seeing His beauty.
My Lord, I believe, and know, and feel that you are the Supreme Good. I believe that, beautiful as is your creation, it is of no account, compared with you.
And therefore, since I perceive you to be so beautiful, I love you, and desire to love you more and more.
My God, you know how little I love you.
I would not love you at all, except for your grace.
Keep my whole being fixed on you.
Let me never lose sight of you; and let my love for you grow more and more every day.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!