Padre Pio regularly saw his Guardian Angel and spoke with him often.
One day a fellow priest, Padre Alessio, came to speak with Padre Pio. However, Padre Pio said to him, “Can’t you see that I am very busy?” Padre Alessio was confused as Pio was simply sitting in his chair.
Then Padre Pio added, “Didn’t you see all those Guardian Angels going backwards and forwards from my spiritual children bringing messages from them?”
Below is Padre Pio’s personal prayer to his Guardian Angel that he prayed on a daily basis. While we may not always see our Guardian Angel like Padre Pio, we should always try to develop a relationship with the angel who daily protects our soul from danger.
Angel of God, my guardian,
to whom the goodness
of the Heavenly Father entrusts me.
Enlighten, protect and guide me now and for ever.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!