His ideas to inspire us to action.
The Catholic Church did not, of course, wait for Pope Francis to develop an ecological conscience, and many popes have spoken out in the past against pollution, excessive exploitation of natural resources, and related issues. However, Francis is the first pope to describe in such detail what he calls “integral ecology,” which isn’t limited to the environment but also involves the spheres of politics, economy, and religion.
Here, we’ve selected 10 powerful quotes from Pope Francis to help us discover — and inspire us to put into practice — his words on safeguarding creation, a responsibility that falls to us all.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!