When Satan seeks to disrupt your life, don’t back down. Call in reinforcements.
It may not seem to be the devil who is actively thwarting you, but if you take a step back and see the chaos that surrounds you, it’s difficult to deny Satan’s activity in the world, and in our lives.
When we feel spiritually attacked, often we may be tempted to run away and hide. However, we can’t really flee from the devil.
Instead, the Bible instructs us to “Resist him, firm in your faith” (1 Peter 5:9). We must stand our ground, not alone on the battlefield, but by taking up the “armor of God” and calling upon the vast host of angels who are ready to help us in our time of need.
Here is a strong prayer of opposition to the devil and his attempts to thwart us. It reflects a confident trust in God and an unwillingness to be defeated. When you feel like you are being attacked on all sides, pray this prayer.
O God, be merciful to me, a sinner. Jesus, Son of the living God, have mercy on me. Jesus, infinite goodness, have mercy on me.
I renounce, from this moment and for all eternity, the devil and all his works, and I abhor all his suggestions and temptations. Suffer not this mortal enemy, O Lord of my soul, to have any power over me, either now or at my last hour. Let thy holy Angels defend me from all the powers of darkness.
O holy Guardian Angel, to whose care God, in his mercy, has committed me, stand by me at the dreadful hour; protect me against all the powers of darkness; defend me from all my enemies. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!