This prayer is designed to be prayed by a loving grandchild.
One way to honor your grandparents, as Jesus likely did during his life with Sts. Joachim and Anne, is to pray a prayer of blessing over them. It is important to show your grandparents love and affection and to invoke God’s blessing upon their remaining years on this earth.
Here is a prayer from the USCCB that is part of a larger “Blessing of Grandparents” that can be performed at your next family reunion. It is a beautiful prayer, one that honors the many gifts grandparents bring to the family.
Grandparents are cherished members of our family. They bring gifts of wisdom, experience, and love and share with us their life of faith. We thank God for their example and ask that he bless them with happiness and good health.
Lord God almighty,
bless our grandparents with long life, happiness, and health.
May they remain constant in your love
and be living signs of your presence
to their children and grandchildren.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!