The ancient monastery built on an island has been inspiring pilgrims and monks since the 8th century.
Now, thanks to the wonders of drone technology, we are able to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the magnificent island in this short film, which received an award at the 2015 Drone Film festival in Cabourg, France.
In this film, we have a unique view of the abbey, situated as it is amidst the sea, and rising above the clouds. One thoughts cannot help but tend toward higher things as Bishop Robert Barron said of Mont St. Michel:
“I would challenge anyone to come here and walk the causeway leading up to the mount and not find himself beguiled into thinking of things higher and more eternal. The mountain itself, and then the architecture piled so exquisitely on top of it, draw the viewer’s eyes up and up, beyond this world.”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!