The goal of $150,000 could provide 150 medical procedures for children in the Philippines
The veteran athlete of football and baseball launched the fundraiser for the Tebow CURE Hospital on Facebook, with the goal of reaching $150,000. Tebow says in the post that the funds could pay for 150 corrective procedures for children with conditions such as clubfoot and spinal deformities. He wrote:
I would love to celebrate 32 years of life by helping kids in their darkest hour of need. That is a true celebration! For my 32nd birthday, my goal is to fund 150 life-changing surgeries for kids at the Tebow CURE Hospital, and we can make that happen by coming together to raise $150,000—$1,000 per life-changing surgery. Let’s celebrate together and join as one team so we can change lives for the better!
Tebow told Fox News that it was on a trip to the Philippines that he was inspired to start the Tim Tebow Foundation, which led to the American athlete to open a pediatric hospital in Davao City. He partnered with CURE International in 2014, and together they constructed the Tebow CURE Hospital on the island of Mindanao.
Along with much-needed treatment for all sorts of childhood maladies, the Tebow Cure Hospital also provides spiritual healing and counseling. In the five years since the Tebow Cure Hospital opened, they have treated 17,000 children and have performed about 3,300 surgeries.
The fundraiser was launched last Friday, but they have already raised a third of their goal.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!