October will be Extraordinary Missionary Month
The contest, called Baptized And Sent Song Contest, is sponsored by MISSIO and the Missionary Child Association, one of Pope Francis’ mission societies.
Elementary and high school-age young people, either in Catholic schools or parish religious education programs, are eligible to submit an entry for this contest.
Song lyrics and music inspired by the theme Baptized and Sent: Sharing the Good News and Caring for Creation, will be judged on their originality, youthfulness, and contemporary nature. Participants are encouraged to use Pope Francis’ encyclical Laudato Si’ for inspiration.
One grand prize winning song will be chosen based on originality and best interpretation of the contest theme. That song will be submitted to the International Secretariat of the Missionary Childhood Association (at the Vatican) and may be used for promotion of the Extraordinary Missionary Month as part of materials (print and digital) from MISSIO and the Missionary Childhood Association.
There will be six additional winners chosen, in grade categories, as follows: Grades 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12.
Entries must be received by September 23, 2019. Find out more by visiting http://www.propfaith.net/songcontest/.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!