Weekly lessons promise to make the medieval philosopher much more accessible.
“Aquinas 101 enrollment has crossed 12,000 subscribers,” tweeted the Thomistic Institute on Thursday. “Thank you to everyone who has signed up!”
Aquinas 101 enrollment has crossed 12,000 subscribers. Thank you to everyone who has signed up! https://t.co/qOuWzOunk0— Thomistic Institute (@ThomisticInst) September 5, 2019
The course consists of 85 short videos, with accompanying readings and recommended resources and listening, Aleteia explained in an August 23 article. “The idea is that it’ll give you a basic mastery of the essentials of Aquinas,” said Dominican Fr. Gregory Pine, one of the teachers in the course. The videos will introduce St. Thomas and his philosophy and walk viewers through his masterwork, the Summa Theologiae — specifically, through the topics of God and Creation; Principles of the Moral Life; the Virtues, and Christ and the Sacraments.
The course launched on August 26.
“We’re just very delighted to be able to provide something for which there is such an evident desire,” Fr. Pine said Thursday. “It’s very edifying to see that so many people are interested in learning the Catholic intellectual tradition with St. Thomas, and that Aquinas 101 can provide a way in. I think many will find that once you set aside the intimidation factor, Aquinas is a wise guide and an excellent companion for prayer and study.”
He said that about 4,000 people signed up the first day and that interest “proceeds apace.”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!